News and Announcements
Register For Tryouts:
1. login at: http://clubs.bluesombrero.com/waasports
2. Under the “My Account” tab, scroll down to find the name of your player and click on the “Register Now” button.
3. Under each registered participant you will see all WAA programs that are currently available for each participant.
4. Click on the check box under the “Choose Division” column next to the “2013-2014 Team Chicago Travel Soccer” under the Program Name column
5. Click on the blue “Next” button at the bottom of the page. This will bring up your shopping cart page.
6. On the Shopping Cart page, Click on the blue “Next” button which will bring up the “Additional Participant Information” page.
7. Please fill out all the information on this page, we will use this information to fill-in the league medical waivers. You must read and check the “I accept the waiver” box. You must select a school grade for the fall, and please select a playing position if applicable. Click on the blue “Next” button at the bottom of the page. This will bring up the Checkout Page.
8. There is no fee for the tryout, simply Click on the blue “Submit Order” button at the bottom of the page. This bring up the Order Confirmation page.
9. This page will verify your registration and show you the tryout schedule. Also you should receive this information in an email.
10. IF YOU DID NOT SEE THE ORDER CONFIRMATION PAGE, YOU DID NOT FULLY REGISTER FOR TRYOUTS.
Team Chicago coaches Jesse Salazar and Andrew Taylor participated in the St. Baldrick’s fundraising event on Sunday March 10 at Ballydoyles Irish Pub in Aurora. Together, they raised over $2500 to help fight childhood cancer. They were part of over 200 registered “shavees” that raised over $91,000 at the Aurora location.
Way to go Jesse and Andrew!
There still is time to donate.
Help support Coach Andrew and Coach Jesse’s fight against childhood cancer.
Andrew Taylor’s goal
Jesse Salazar’s goal
or Call to Donate
Team Chicago Academy-Botafogo standout Zoey Goralski made a fantastic debut for the U.S. U20 Women’s National Team today going the full 90 minutes in the 1-1 draw against Norway at La Manga, Spain. Playing somewhat out of position at left back, Zoey was solid defensively, extremely clean in possession, and a threat getting forward – even setting up a perfect 100% chance for a teammate in the opening minute of the second half.
The U.S. took a very deserved lead after 55 minutes, and had plenty of chances to put the game away, but a defensive give-away on the right flank allowed Norway to tie the game on the very last play of the game. While the result was a bit disappointing given the U.S. dominance, it could not take away from Zoey’s great performance. Especially since she was one of the youngest, and one of only a few non-college players, on the field.
Up next is European powerhouse Germany on Saturday.
Team Chicago Academy-Santos midfielder Mary Rounce has accepted a great scholarship offer to continue her soccer career at Michigan State University. Mary will be part of Head Coach Tom Saxton’s 2014 recruiting class and join fellow Team Chicago Academy player Kaitlin Johnson on the Spartans team.
Team Chicago Academy-Botofogo standout Zoey Goralski has been called-up for the U20 Women’s National Team’s trip to La Manga, Spain March 2nd-12th. While staying at the luxurious La Manga training complex, the USA will play Norway on March 7th, Germany on March 9th, and Sweden on March 11th.